What happens when (just two months after meeting) a Baptist preacher's son and small-town pastor's daughter surprisingly discover they've committed the ultimate faux pas? Now it's a journey of finding out what it is to love a little baby surprise and what to do about this new husband.




Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad


Yesterday Yohan and I walked a quarter mile to his mailbox to drop our special letters.  I wrote one to my mom and dad and he wrote one to his.  We're both quite nervous about what their reaction will be to the news of a grandbaby - especially since we're still not yet married (next Thurday!).  Even still, I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of me.  Ahhhhhhh, yes.  That feels good.  Sometimes Yohan and I even laugh about how it might go after they find out:

Scenario 1:
My parents are lying in bed the evening after reading the letter.
Sweet Nancy (mom) "Geeerrry?"
Dad  "What?"
Sweet Nancy  "You don't think this happened because we were too strick on the kids growing up do you?"

Scenario 2: (I even played this one out for Yohan this morning while doing my hair in the bathroom.)
Sweet Nancy calls me up to tell me how disappointed and concerned they are.
Me  "Well it's not too late to GET RID OF IT!  And if that's how you want to be, then that's what we'll do!!!" 
CLICK!!
Sweet Nancy will frantically call me back appologizing. 
**Please note here, that we would NEVER EVER consider that option for real.  This is merely a way to make them squirm and cry for calling us up and worrying us.  Oh so cruel!**

Either way, no matter what their reaction Yohan and I know that things will ultimately work out.  Being from conservative Christian homes as we are, they will be forgiving and supportive - even if it takes a little time.  And who can really be upset about a little cute half-Asian baby?  So, Nana and Puba, get ready!  'Cause Jr.'s coming, like it or not.  We personally think you'll like it.  I love you mom and dad. Hope you're ready for what's coming.

P.S.  May I please point out that my mom told me at least 3 years ago what she wanted to be called when she had grandkids!  The lady must be dying inside for grandkids by now.  And if she even tries to act upset, I'll promptly point out the obvious.


No comments:

Post a Comment