What happens when (just two months after meeting) a Baptist preacher's son and small-town pastor's daughter surprisingly discover they've committed the ultimate faux pas? Now it's a journey of finding out what it is to love a little baby surprise and what to do about this new husband.




Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stretch Marks

My mom said she got stretch marks with her first baby, my older brother Caleb.  I'm terrified of getting stretch marks on my belly.  Apparently, stretch marks are determined by your genes, but I'm hoping to intervene.  Shea butter is apparently the ingredient in most 'stretch mark creams' which causes your skin to become more elastic and therefore less inclined to develop stretch marks.
Since I wanted to do everything I could to prevent stretch marks, I thought 100% shea butter would be better than any cream with shea butter as a lesser ingredient.  I found pure shea butter at Whole Foods and have been pretty steady about applying it regularly.  So far, so good.  I'll be certain to make a devastating post if the shea butter fails.  Please keep all fingers and toes crossed for my poor stretched out belly.

If you want to read a little more about SHEA BUTTER CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Too late for me. No stretch marks with Cavory, but a few with Linkon. My mom got them with me, but not my sister or brother..go figure. (I was the last to be born)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete