What happens when (just two months after meeting) a Baptist preacher's son and small-town pastor's daughter surprisingly discover they've committed the ultimate faux pas? Now it's a journey of finding out what it is to love a little baby surprise and what to do about this new husband.




Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lace Gloves

 Growing up, one Easter when I was about five, my mom and dad bought me lace gloves to wear with my frilly pink Easter dress.  Dad even bought me a corsage for my wrist.  They were white and dainty and had lace around the wrist.  I remember how pretty I felt wearing them, and when Yohan and I decided to get married I knew I wanted to wear little lace gloves. 

The Saturday before Mother's Day, I tried on my dress for mine and Yohan's mothers while they were visiting.  After putting on my dress, I pulled out the lace gloves I'd bought on ebay for about $10 to show them.  I pulled the gloves on and proudly displayed my carefully picked outfit for the moms.  Then Yohan's mom exclaimed, "Oh no, you will wear my gloves.  I wore gloves like that for my wedding, and  I've been saving them to give to Yohan's wife to wear."  I couldn't believe it!  

At first I was unsure of keeping the gloves his mother had so beautifully saved, but they were perfect.  They fit my hand to the 'T', and I felt so special wearing something passed down from her.  Maybe one day, if my daughter or daughter-in-law decides that dainty wrist gloves would go perfect with her wedding gown, I'll pull out those special gloves and give them to her. 

1 comment:

  1. You were absolutely gorgeous on our day baby, wouldn't have changed a thing babe!

    ReplyDelete