What happens when (just two months after meeting) a Baptist preacher's son and small-town pastor's daughter surprisingly discover they've committed the ultimate faux pas? Now it's a journey of finding out what it is to love a little baby surprise and what to do about this new husband.




Friday, July 30, 2010

I Got One!


I have some interesting news that could've been shared sooner.  It may shock you and leave you scratching your head.  It might make you rethink what you always thought.  Maybe it will make you laugh, cause it sure makes me laugh sometimes.

It's pretty much like this---I went fishing and I caught a big fish, one fish actually turned into two fish which eventually left us as a school of fish.  You probably have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'll explain it in layman's terms.

I met Yohan on a dating website...Plentyoffish.com to be exact.  DON'T JUDGE ME YET!  I actually first joined the dating site as a personal inside joke.  Well folks, looks like the joke is on me since I ended up married to one of my dates. 

During the recession last year times were pretty tough and little ol Edamummy (who was single and not Edamummy at the time) was feeling the effects of the recession.  Salaries had been reduced and fridge items were skimpy, as was my wallet.  So I did what any savvy and outgoing gal who likes to mingle would do. 

I'd heard of this free dating website, and while I'd always internally judged online dating thought it might be fun and practical given the circumstances.  I'd get to meet a bunch of new people and also (as the girl of course) get treated to lovely dinners.  So, I fished away on plentyoffish.com.  And yes, I did get to meet many interesting people and I ate many delicious dinners.  I even often had leftovers for lunch! 

Then I met Yohan on the site.  We chatted and talked and eventually planned to hang out.  Silly as it seems, our first date we went fishing.  I didn't know it at the time, but fishing is one of Yohan's loves (fly fishing to be exact).  Now I'd never really gone fishing before nor had much thought at all about anything fish (aside from my old college pet Betta, Jazzy J.) but, as funny as it seems, I met Yohan on a fish dating site, we went fishing, and then I caught the big one...well I guess I caught two - Yohan and Jr.

There is even documentation from our first date.  See below.  How cool is that?!!  Me an Yohan have pictures of us on our first date!



Morals of the story - I am no longer allowed to scoff or make internal jokes about online dating.  Also, if you have a sense of humor, life will always give you a reason to laugh.  

I love my big fisherman.  I can't wait to see him take his little first mate fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Got me a keeper too:) Ha! Can't wait to see you dominate more fish in the years to come babe..along with Jr and his new vintage Snoopy rod! He's gonna be badarse!

    ReplyDelete