What happens when (just two months after meeting) a Baptist preacher's son and small-town pastor's daughter surprisingly discover they've committed the ultimate faux pas? Now it's a journey of finding out what it is to love a little baby surprise and what to do about this new husband.




Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Walk A Mile

I was itching to get out and do a bit of exercise recently.  I thought, "oh I'm breastfeeding, so this baby weight is going to fall right off."  Well, it's not quite exactly like that.  I have lost a lot of the weight and really don't look bad.  But, I'm still about 10 to 15 lbs more than my prebaby self.  I'm sorry, but I just can't live with that.  Call it obsessive.  Call it vain.  Call it whatever.  I want my old body and booty back.  It's like this little sag of a belly just doesn't want to break up with me.  I fear that bikini season is oh too near and my time is a wastin.  So out I drug my hubby, baby, and baby's older brother, Bud for some overdue walking at a nearby park that boasts some mean hills.  We started walking and it was nice.  We pushed through the first mile of hills.  I thought that even though I was feeling a tingle in my legs we were doing good, so we should just keep going.  Well, turns out we should've turned around there.  Since the walk is around a lake, it's not like you can just stop and cut back at any time.  And since we got to half, it just didn't make sense to turn around there.  The sun was going down, we'd pushed too far.  But couldn't stop so we just kept going.  By the end of it I felt like we'd done a marathon and it took me about 3 days to fully recover.  If only I could do a walk like that everyday--I'd have my pre-baby bod back in no time!  But who are we kidding, I'm lucky if I walk to the mailbox to pick up our daily mail.  I took the picture below on the walk just before it got really dark.  So I'd say about mile marker 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment